UHY Haines Norton audit services deliver professional, independent evaluations of an organisation’s financial statements and internal controls.
More than just compliance with standards and regulations, our audits provide confidence and transparency to an organisation’s management board, shareholders and creditors. They are pragmatic, reliable assurances of accuracy from trusted professionals who understand your business and industry requirements.
While audits are often a regulatory requirement, they are also an opportunity to unlock critical insights into an organisation. Quality audits and reviews provide relevant commercial advice that allow management to make better-informed decisions, address weaknesses and identify actionable opportunities.
UHY Haines Norton’s dedicated Audit team comprises experienced Licensed Auditors and Chartered Accountants who are continually upskilling in line with evolving standards and regulations.
We take a dynamic, systematic approach that results in audits which are highly efficient, thorough and cost-effective. We prepare full management reports as part of every audit, containing constructive feedback on any system or control weaknesses identified during the audit process, and recommendations for improvements. We work closely with our clients to help them achieve their audit objectives through customised, timely financial analyses that deliver a fair and accurate representation of the entity.
Areas of Expertise
We are experienced in providing auditing and review services to a wide range of private and public companies, including:
- NZX and ASX listed engagements
- Public companies limited by guarantee
- Not-for-profit and charity organisations
- Education providers
- Real Estate companies
- Financial markets sector
- Commodities sector
- Financial reviews and due diligence to assist with Callaghan Innovation Research and Development Grant applications
Quality is one of our main values – because it is so very important to us we strive to achieve this in everything we do.
We comply with a comprehensive number of professional requirements and reviews considered essential to delivering our quality promise, so our clients can have complete confidence in the credibility of our results. Our quality control procedures in accordance with internationally recognised standards include:
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ) – our policies and procedures are in compliance with International Standards on Auditing (New Zealand) for all engagements, and ensure adherence to professional and ethical requirements as issued by CAANZ (formerly NZICA).
- Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) – the private-sector, non-profit organisation created to oversee the auditors of public companies by protecting the interests of investors and further public interest in the preparation of informative, fair and independent audit reports.
- Forum of Firms (FOF) – the UHY network is a full member of the FOF, an association of international networks of accounting firms. The Forum’s goal is to promote consistent and high quality standards of cross-border financial reporting and auditing practices worldwide, and the adoption of international auditing standards. Our membership with the FOF allows transnational audit appointments incorporating large issuers and listed entities.
- ISQC 1 requires firms to implement a system of quality control that addresses elements such as leadership responsibilities, ethical requirements, acceptance and continuation of client relationships, human resources, engagement performance and monitoring.
For more information on our Assurance and Advisory services, including internal audit, fraud detection and prevention, and risk management, click here.
For a free, no-obligation assessment contact our Audit department today. Audit and Assurance Director Sungesh Singh is a Licensed Auditor with extensive auditing experience with a wide variety of clients both in New Zealand and internationally. As Head of Audit Quality for UHY Haines Norton, Sungesh has developed procedures that enable audits to be performed effectively and efficiently.
Sungesh Singh, ddi: +64 9 839 2184, email: email@example.com
Audit Director and Licensed Auditor Bhavin Sanghavi has performed audits for private companies, public companies and not-for-profit organisations, and specialises in New Zealand equivalents to International Financial Reporting Standards.
Bhavin Sanghavi, ddi: +64 9 839 0248, email: firstname.lastname@example.org