In the specialist agriculture industry your time is precious, and you need to spend it managing your farm, not managing your accounts. We recognise the complex accounting and taxation demands the farming industry places on farmers.
In the agriculture centre of Helensville, we have a dedicated team headed by Director Mark Foster, who understands the practical and financial aspects associated with rural accounting. We know from personal experience that farming isn’t just a job but a way of life, and our personalised approach to each client reflects their specific needs.
We offer expert knowledge in the areas of:
- Farming tax expertise
- Farm tax planning
- Year-end tax returns
- Livestock valuations: Herd Valuation Scheme and National Standard Cost Scheme
- Income spreading tools such as deferred fertiliser, income equalisation and farm consumables accrual rules
- Seasonal planning
- Ownership structures
- Estate / succession planning
- Farming GST requirements
- Assistance with monthly account management in accordance with bank lending criteria
- Annual budgeting and forecasting tools
- Advice on “Economic Farm Surplus” performance metric
- Up-to-date advice on rule and legislation changes
Whether your business is a small lifestyle block or a large fully-functional farm, we are here to help.
If you are interested in learning more about how we can help, we offer a free, no-obligation consultation. Please fill in your details and we will be in touch shortly.
UHY Director Mark Foster‘s expertise includes all aspects of accounting, taxation and business advice, with a particular focus on farm accounting. Coming from a farming background, Mark runs his own farming operation part-time and has a personal interest in all business developments relating to the rural sector.